Another new search algorithm from Google, The Hummingbird, what does this mean for marketers? Humming bird is responsible to answer complex queries and more search knowledge for users in terms of search. Google announced that this new member of their large SEO algorithm is a preparation for mobile searches.
How does hummingbird help social media marketers today?
As mentioned Google are preparing for a future of phone users, where your recent and most used searches will be used to give you wider and more precised answers. How can you keep up with your small business with this new algorithm?
- Mobile web search
Improve your mobile web search, keywords and your mobile website. Google’s main focus this year and the upcoming years are for mobile users to completely search through internet like they do on their desktops. This means small to large businesses should prepare their website to be responsive and optimize their page. This also means that you need to have a redirection to a mobile version which will make it easier for your mobile visitors to view your business website.
- Google + and page major changes for you
Update your Google Profile, which also means you need to update your Google+ and page, to get a better search results for your visitors. The Google Authorship would be the most common appearance for marketers and small business owners. One click to be directed to your Google page will give you the best traffic to your website.
- Create and publish through Google+
Even though that Google did not mention the Google+ and Humming bird connection , it is through common sense that you need to follow the simple unify all of Google’s social platform and the new algorithm.
How can you improve your Business presence with the new algorithm
As social media marketer, your daily tasks and routine is to improve your presence on social media with consistent updates and posts. Whereof with the new algorithm, more effort on being social is needed; here are some few tips below:
- Active Google+ and page – be active daily and try to interact through sharing and comments on the newest posts in your circle.
- Be a part of communities – be active on communities that are related to your niche and follow the people who are member of these communities
- Share share and share – share multimedia, photos, videos and audio. You should share at least 3 relevant posts per day
- Hang out with people – use the feature hang outs, or join some relevant discussions through hangout
- Do not ignore Hummingbird – In the Google conference, Google mentioned that Hummingbird should give precise and fast results. Conversational results are mainly the reason for creating the Hummingbird, and this is for all mobile users and Hummingbird bird is focused on the meaning behind the words, it is paying more attention to the way a user uses words to search and give back a more precise search results.
SEO and traffic from Google
Your question now could be, is SEO dead now? Or will you lose traffic from Google? The answer is NO, the SEO remains the same, create unique contents, use your keywords and URL wisely, Hummingbird just helps people get more of what they search for.
2 Wisconsin Circle Suite 700 Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Office: (410) 929-6395
Fax: (202) 318-0689