Do you know how you can guarantee your business more conversions? It does not have to be a magic to make your online business be visible to your target audience. Spend some time developing your marketing strategy and measure your success with goal oriented marketing campaigns. Here are some few ways to build your online presence today!
With every marketing plan, you need to identify your market and your target audience. Leverage yourself as an expert in your niche on social media, connect with your target audience and know your market correctly. Creating social media marketing comes with these basic essential elements.
- Target Audience – each industry is different which means that there are some platforms that best suited for you and for another. Recognize the right social media platform for you and your target audience
- Facebook – there are 845+ million users on social media, but not all of them are your target audience. Facebook is best for personal level contacts. On the other hand facebook offer business pages which is your secret weapon to house all your business information, brand or company in one place.
- Who uses facebook? Mostly users are from age 21-24 closely followed by people at age of 18 to 21 and the 31 to 40 years old.
- What you can share on Facebook pages? You can share albums/photos of your products/services, blogposts, and you can use Facebook creating Questions and answers/polls.
- Twitter – in 2012 stats there are 1450 million users found on twitter, which in average tweets per day is 340 million. Twitter is best used for short messages and for monitoring discussion about your brand, or your competitor’s brand. Some marketers find it easier to search for your target audience on twitter.
- Twitter secret weapon – BIG brands uses twitter as customer services where they can easily answer their customers queries while even on the go. The best part of posting status on twitter is you can use name tag to inform the twitter user that you have shared something relevant for them or shared their content etc.
- What to share on twitter – links to blog posts that is relevant for your target audience, use hashtag to find people or to promote your own products, interactions through name tag and mentions.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is used to brag about your professional accomplishments to others, to share contents directly to your LinkedIn networks. LinkedIn are also used for creating groups with the same business niche as your own, and to discuss ideas on how to promote your business and how you can gain more clients etc. LinkedIn is mostly used for Business to Business transactions and interactions.
- Google+ – there are 100 million users on Google+, Google+ has grown its popularity since the Google has launched the nature into its Search engine algorithm, Panda, penguin and the newest Hummingbird. Google is best used for team collaboration with its G-drive feature, and for customer service with its Hangout features, Google+ has been the main social media platform for small business alike.
With social media you need to be specific with your target audience and the best social platform to use for each category of audience. As mentioned above you already have some ideas on where you can locate your target audience. Here are some few more tips on what you should do in social media to attract potential customers.
- Be specific geographically – with social media you can create a more specific search for you target audience by age, location and interest.
- Community – You can create a community relevant to your niche, which you can grow over time
- Content strategy – the larger the network the more chances your contents will be shared by you followers. You may also want to share relevant content to your social media, which other writers will appreciate whereof they need to share your contents to their network too.
- Relationship – you can engage and build relationship with your target audience by asking their opinion or asking questions on your social media sites.
- Develop a plan – you need to develop a plan for your social media marketing, which you need to update weekly. Set goals on how many sales or followers you want on your social media and how you can turn your followers into clients.
Social media will help you build natural links to your website, dedicate few hours per day on social media to interact, search, analyze and update your status and posts. Which will make you more visible in due time, do not look for easy and faster way to get likes on Facebook or followers on twitter, this will kill your online presence, as natural link building is more quality over quantity.
Socratic SBC | Small Business Consulting
2 Wisconsin Circle Suite 700 Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Office: (410) 929-6395
Fax: (202) 318-0689