Do you already have a Facebook page for your small business, if not you should have one right now. Start then participating in groups which are related to your niche. Facebook groups helps promote products, support customers and much more. Here are some few tips on how you can get started.
Sell your products through Facebook group.
- Sell products – In additional to your website you are now able to use Sell In Facebook Groups. Once you have created Sell in Facebook Group, you will see an option to ‘’Sell Something’’ in your facebook update. There are 2 different options 1. Sell Something 2. Start a discussion 3. Ask a question. Under the tab ‘’Sell Something’’ you have to fill out the form, Whatyou are selling, the price, location, description and you can add your product image.
Give customers access to a private as part of the package
- Supplement Video – If you have a business that sell video training courses, give the customers who purchase it an access to a private Facebook group as a part of the package. You can also do this with your webinar courses or video instructions on how to use your products. This is a win-win situation, the customers can ask questions and get supplementary materials easily or you can easily offer supplementary materials for your customers. It also gives your small business opportunity to forge deeper connection to your customers and promote your other products and services.
Online chats support as a great customer service tool
- Promote chats – Those who run online chat or discussion on either twitter and facebook page, may want to separate it from their business. You can do that through facebook group. It is a great way to promote upcoming webinars or product launch. And it is easier to keep the conversation focused on one or two related topics. Media chat is using their public group to share more information to their guests, offer member deals, or even shout out about new products and services.
Contribute your knowledge to one that already exist.
- Establish niche expertise – Become a resource in your field or niche, this is one of the most interesting and trustworthy business strategy to use on Facebook group. Create a group and contribute your knowledge in your field to one that already exist. For example if you offer SEO services, you can look for other groups and ask to join this group and add your expertise into this group. Members can ask questions and you can answer if your business does offer what they are looking for. The key is to be a resource without self-promotion.
Collect honest feedback from your customers
- You can test your existing customers, one way to do it is to start a Facebook group to use think-tank for your business. Create a secret Facebook group invite some of your loyal customers and openly discuss new ideas you want to implement in your business. Then gather ideas from your loyal customers. This type of Facebook Group provides and builds stronger relationship with your current customers, while you are helping your small business collect honest feedbacks.
Every business needs customer support
- Every business needs to provide a customer support that can attend to customers’ needs and questions as soon as possible. This can be through a contact form which is great but could take a lot of time to attend to, or you can choose Facebook page or a secret Facebook group could be an option. The reason to start a secret Facebook group instead of closed or public one is because secret groups can’t be located in search or accessed via URL. Instead member has be to be invited to the group. This is for you to control over adding new members, and it protects your business in case you have unsatisfied customers. If you want to create a closed group, it is important that you state whom this group belongs to in the description. This will give more control over who to decline and approve.
Bring employees together on your Facebook group
- For those small business whose business communicates primarily on Facebook, create a Facebook group that bring your team together. Create an internal Facebook group exclusively for your team, use it to communicate with your team. The channel can be for introducing new team member, sharing company updates and more. It is important if you decide to create Facebook group for your team, to have Social Media Policy and have your team agree to it. This way the private business discussion do not end up on public Social media channels.
Socratic SBC / Small Business Consulting
2 Wisconsin Circle Suite 700 Chevy Chase,
Office: (410) 344-7874
Fax: (202) 318-0689