We all love social media, its features and options to let us promote our brand and business in a fun and exciting way. The real challenge is to measure your success on Social media and how you can improve your social media marketing campaign. As much as you are having fun connecting with different people and trying to gain their trust to choose your products and services over your competitor, you still need to focus on your sole goal for your marketing campaign. One way to measure success on social media is metrics and ROI. Here are some few other things on how you can measure your success on your social media marketing campaign.
Social media is more than just strategy
Social media marketing is more than just a marketing strategy to promote your business and brand; it is more of interactions, engagement and information sharing. Do not forget this is the main goal of social media marketing; a good marketing will create integrated tools to support your overall business goals.
In order to have a successful and effective plan for your social media marketing, there should be more than just one person to handle your social media campaign.
How to track your success on social media
Some people call it metrics and others may call it measuring marketing efforts, whatever you call it, it is an important part of any type of marketing campaign. How do you start measuring your social media marketing?
- Goals – first of all you must understand your goal when running social media marketing, and how are these social media channels helping you grow your business.
- Increase visibility – Are you using your social media to gain more exposure? You can measure your exposure through mentions, hangouts discussion, tags etc. You want to make sure that you get positive feedbacks and impressions.
- Increase sales – Measure your sales through your social media marketing campaign.
Tools to track your social media marketing success
There is lots of software to use when tracking your social media; most of these tools are expensive. If you want to track your success on social media manually here is the guide:
- Have a Google Ananlytics, log in to your google analytics every month and view your page views, Social vs. organic, your top content of the month, your top pages of the month, which social media channel has brought you most traffic for the month.
- Social site number – track down your social media sites, which of the social media has grown or lost fans, which posts or campaign has gain more attention than the other. Write down all these things so you later on can manage and rearrange your plan.
- Blog – track blog subscribers and email newsletter sign ups, this number are important and because this is where people are interested in have a deeper connection with you. This number is your big chance of converting into sales.
Social media is a powerful tool to use to attracting people into your business and improving your relationship with your current customers. The secret of social media is ENGAGEMENT, social media is not just another advertising board, If you approach social media this way success will rarely be yours.
2 Wisconsin Circle Suite 700 Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Office: (410) 344-7874
Fax: (202) 318-0689