Christmas comes once a year, and it is a very special event of exchanging gifts, greeting cards, family photos and holiday vacation. Consumers are opt to stretch their budget for the month of December to make their loved feel special through gifts and special preparation for Christmas eve. All this is a great opportunity for business small to large, to get increase their sale. Here are 10 useful marketing tips that might be useful for your marketing campaign.
Planning your marketing campaign
Action # 2
First you need to decide your target audience for this season, and categorize them:
Action # 2
Next is prepare the products to set on sale, such as most popular products and less popular products mixed together as a package deal. You can make your less popular products on sale to get the publicity the product needs.
Action # 3
Another thing to remember is to edit your list of keywords, as to promote the word Christmas, presents, sale, deals, gift ideas, bundle promos, package deals, etc.
Action # 4
Create some images that you would like to post for your holiday marketing campaign. This can easily be done through picmoney app, where you can decorate your current product images and add some interesting and unique banners. Create as much as you need and save to your computer.
Action # 5
You blog content must be about Christmas tips and ideas, and from time to time add some promotional contents on your blog. Edit your website design into something festive. Something simple as Christmas header, Christmas social icons, menu bars etc.
Planning your content marketing
When promoting your Holidays sale through blog you need to focus on what interest your readers, alternate Christmas ideas and tips and promotional content. Your Promotional Content marketing for Holidays can be planned accordingly:
- Thanksgiving promos Nov 28
- Hanukah sales nov 27 to Dec 5
- Advent Dec 1 to 25
- 12 days before Christmas promos
- On spot Christmas deals dec 25
- After Christmas sale
It is up to you to add the market holidays such as Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday into your Editorial calendar. These could also be days where you can host a dialogue about sales and getting back on track with the holiday spending.
Other important things to remind yourself during holidays
Make Christmas shopping easy and convenient for your consumers; consolidate your message throughout your social media accounts. Other important things to remember when marketing during Christmas season:
- Offer free shipping
- Add shipping calendar, to make sure that your consumers items will arrive on time
- Sweeten the deal, it is not enough to give your consumers the regular 10% to 30% deal, you have to make them feel that they have saved a huge amount of cash getting your product deals.
- Be sure to add add-ons for your products
- Create shareable product wish lists
- Extra special offers such as free gift wrap, free Christmas cards etc
- Think like a customer, create vouchers and discount cards
- Give social media the bigger slice, meaning you need to promote on social media as much as you can
- Offer loyal customers free gifts or discount cards
- Finally send Thank you emails and Christmas greeting cards through email